Re: Chinese section of Queen's Park

  • Carol Lee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2005

      Dear Heather,
      I have some friends from Hong Kong who live here in Calgary.  They volunteered to help with translating the cemetery records.

      They are:    Frank and Linda Lau
                      11 Riverview Pk S.E.
                      Calgary, T2C 3Z7
                      Phone, 279-3300

      I saw them this morning and remembered your call for help.  Unfortunately I told them you had received some photos from Hong Kong.  They were very quick to volunteer.  Now that I read your letter again I see that they are from Queen's Park.  However, I don't think that will make a difference.  They told me that they have been trying to do some genealogy and are finding it very difficult to get Chinese records of any kind here in Calgary and they would be happy to do anything to make more records available for the Chinese community.
      Good luck,
      Carol Lee
      .