Re: AFHS volunteering

  • George Lake
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 16, 2005
      the list Address

      Hello Callie:
      At 08:50 PM 1/15/2005, you wrote:
      >Please remember that your reply will go to everyone on the list and
      > the list Address
      >

      >I am new to AFHS and at the last 2 monthly meetings it has been
      >mentioned that there is a great need for volunteers. I clicked
      >Volunteers from the AFHS website, is this the list of volunteers you
      >need or are we to look elsewhere to see where you need volunteers? I
      >am assuming everyone else at the meetings know this as well?

      Thank you for your offer of help. As chair of the Nominating Committee we
      will be canvassing the membership in the coming weeks to fill a
      considerable variety of positions, including some members of the Board.
      If you gave your phone number with your membership application one of the
      members of our committee will call you.

      I note our chair Gordon Lane has also let you know of some of the
      opportunities available. Perhaps you could let me know of any particular
      interests or skills you might wish to contribute or learn.

      Thank you again for offering to help. Gordon's suggestion at the last
      meeting that we are nearing a crisis situation for volunteers was not an
      overstatement.

      Regards

      Geo

      George Lake
      Past Chair, Alberta Family Histories Society
      Calgary Canada

      email: past.chair@...
      AFHS Website: www.afhs.ab.ca

      my website: www.glake.ca