AFHS volunteering

  • Callie and Scott
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2005
      the list Address

      I am new to AFHS and at the last 2 monthly meetings it has been
      mentioned that there is a great need for volunteers. I clicked
      Volunteers from the AFHS website, is this the list of volunteers you
      need or are we to look elsewhere to see where you need volunteers? I
      am assuming everyone else at the meetings know this as well?

      Callie

    • Gordon Lane
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 15, 2005
        the list Address

        Hi Callie,

        The web page has not been updated for some time but I most urgent need,
        which is on the webpage is help with the Programs.

        We are also looking for people to help with the Chinook preparation prior to
        putting it together for publishing.

        If you have website publishing skills we are looking for people for the
        website as well.

        You can also email out volunteer co-ordinator as he may have some specific
        requests.

        Thanks for looking

        Regards

        Gordon Lane
        Chairman
        Alberta Family Histories Society
        712-16th Ave NW,
        Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

        chairman@...
        www.afhs.ab.ca
        (403)214-1447

      • Donna Coulter
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 15, 2005
          the list Address

          Hi Callie and Scott-- I am one of the OLD volunteers-- I saw and see- no end
          of way's to help the group.

          The best thing to do is contact the "Contact Chairperson" be it for
          transcribing or helping with Programs or our Help Needed for our Seminars.
          There is a direct link to each Chair. Scroll down the page and make a
          choice.
          Good to see such interest.

          Don't give up--- you are needed.
          Donna Coulter

          > I am new to AFHS and at the last 2 monthly meetings it has been
          > mentioned that there is a great need for volunteers. I clicked
          > Volunteers from the AFHS website, is this the list of volunteers you
          > need or are we to look elsewhere to see where you need volunteers? I
          > am assuming everyone else at the meetings know this as well?
          >
          > Callie
          >

          > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          >
          > http://www.family-roots.ca
          >

          > --

        • George Lake
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 16, 2005
            the list Address

            Hello Callie:
            At 08:50 PM 1/15/2005, you wrote:
            >Please remember that your reply will go to everyone on the list and
            > the list Address
            >

            >I am new to AFHS and at the last 2 monthly meetings it has been
            >mentioned that there is a great need for volunteers. I clicked
            >Volunteers from the AFHS website, is this the list of volunteers you
            >need or are we to look elsewhere to see where you need volunteers? I
            >am assuming everyone else at the meetings know this as well?

            Thank you for your offer of help. As chair of the Nominating Committee we
            will be canvassing the membership in the coming weeks to fill a
            considerable variety of positions, including some members of the Board.
            If you gave your phone number with your membership application one of the
            members of our committee will call you.

            I note our chair Gordon Lane has also let you know of some of the
            opportunities available. Perhaps you could let me know of any particular
            interests or skills you might wish to contribute or learn.

            Thank you again for offering to help. Gordon's suggestion at the last
            meeting that we are nearing a crisis situation for volunteers was not an
            overstatement.

            Regards

            Geo

            George Lake
            Past Chair, Alberta Family Histories Society
            Calgary Canada

            email: past.chair@...
            AFHS Website: www.afhs.ab.ca

            my website: www.glake.ca