RE: Chinese section of Queen's Park

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2005
      Hi Judith and all,

      I am also asking my neighbour who has done some translations for me (usually the reverse - she translates written English into Chinese for me and also acts as interpreter for spoken English/Chinese when I need it) if she can help. I have not been able to catch her by phone yet so not sure if she can. However, if she does some and others do some that will make the approximate 1301 less daunting. I have told her it is volunteer work.

      à bientôt,

      Local genealogy book sales, professional research & writing: http://www.knowmap.com/age/
      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564
      Is your New Year's resolution to scrapbook more? Watch for workshops in 2005!

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 16, 2005

        Dear Heather,
        I have some friends from Hong Kong who live here in Calgary.  They volunteered to help with translating the cemetery records.

        They are:    Frank and Linda Lau
                        11 Riverview Pk S.E.
                        Calgary, T2C 3Z7
                        Phone, 279-3300

        I saw them this morning and remembered your call for help.  Unfortunately I told them you had received some photos from Hong Kong.  They were very quick to volunteer.  Now that I read your letter again I see that they are from Queen's Park.  However, I don't think that will make a difference.  They told me that they have been trying to do some genealogy and are finding it very difficult to get Chinese records of any kind here in Calgary and they would be happy to do anything to make more records available for the Chinese community.
        Good luck,
        Carol Lee
        .