BYU Molecular Genealogy Study

  • rdcgrang@ucalgary.ca
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2002
      There is still time to volunteer for the BYU DNA study in conjunction with
      the AFHS seminar. The research team will be at the LDS Chapel at 935
      Heritage Dr. S.W. on Friday, 25 October 2002, at 7:00 p.m. A half-hour
      presentation will precede the collection of mouthwash samples, and
      refreshments will be available. To sign up, you may contact Rene Dussome at
      <rdussome@...>. If you have already volunteered, please remember to mark
      the date on your calendar.

      Participants should bring a complete 4-generation pedigree chart on paper.
      If you wish to provide data on more than four generations, please bring a
      disk in GEDCOM format in addition to the chart.

    • Corinne M Wegener-Pehrson
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2002
        I will be out of the office until October 21/2002.

        Sincerely yours,

        Brian W. Hutchison, Esq.
        B.Comm., C.M.A., C.G., FSA(Scot)
        Chairman and President

        GENFIND Research Associates, Inc. (Head Office):
        977 Ogilvie Boulevard N.W.
        Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6R 1J9
        Tel/Fax: (780)439-4704
        E-Mail: services@...
        GEN-FIND Research Associates, Inc. (Calgary Office):
        908-34th Street S.E.
        Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2A 0Z6
        Home-Page: http://www.gen-find.com

        On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 16:53:05
        rdcgrang wrote:

        >There is still time to volunteer for the BYU DNA study in conjunction with
        >the AFHS seminar. The research team will be at the LDS Chapel at 935
        >Heritage Dr. S.W. on Friday, 25 October 2002, at 7:00 p.m. A half-hour
        >presentation will precede the collection of mouthwash samples, and
        >refreshments will be available. To sign up, you may contact Rene Dussome at
        ><rdussome@...>. If you have already volunteered, please remember to mark
        >the date on your calendar.
        >
        >Participants should bring a complete 4-generation pedigree chart on paper.
        >If you wish to provide data on more than four generations, please bring a
        >disk in GEDCOM format in addition to the chart.
        >
        >http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        >http://www.family-roots.ca

        Tired of all the SPAM in your inbox? Switch to LYCOS MAIL PLUS
      • Gordon Lane
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2002
          I believe that the 4 generation pedegree chart does not apply to Canada,
          I seem to remember it being mentioned at the last committee meeting.

          I think Carol Lee mentioned it.

          Regards

          Gordon Lane
          Treasurer
          Alberta Family Histories Society http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          Family Roots 2002: http://www.family-roots.ca
          Personal Web Site: http://www.rumbolt.com

        • Phyllis Ziajka

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 3, 2002
              Gordon,
              I did mention that the 4 generation requirement applied to only those born
              in the United States. That is what the letter from the Molecular Research
              Group stated. However, since that time Sandy Heninger has been in contact
              with the Research Group and she was told that they did require 4 complete
              generations for the United States and Canada since both countries have
              similar immigration patterns. They are updating their literature to include
              Canada. For those born in countries other than these two, they will accept
              less than the 4 generations (example: from Asia, South America, Eastern
              Europe, etc.) No one is limited to four generations. They do encourage
              more if you have them. They would like the information on a floppy in
              gedcom format if there are more than 4 generations. If you are submitting 4
              generations only, a pedigree chart (printed or hand written) is sufficient.

              Carol Lee