library closed Friday afternoon - but open 11-12

  • Lorna Laughton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2005
      Message

      The AFHS Library will be closed on Friday Jan 7 afternoon (noon to 3) due to the weather and road conditions.

      However,  our brave Donna Kirkwood will be at the library from 11 to 12 today, if any other "outgoing" genealogists want to return books etc. Donna will be putting up a sign on the library door telling people to check the phone message and website calendar for library opening cancellations due to weather.

      Our library volunteers are always keen to be at the library for the benefit of our members and others, but Donna, Helen, and I don't want them to risk life and limb on icy or snowy streets. So we will be monitoring the weather daily and deciding about the library opening on a daily basis.

      Lorna