Re: Meeting, Monday 3rd January, 2005. Bring your collectibles!

  • Larry McCool
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 30, 2004
      Right on the nose Gordon. It has been, and always will be thus it seems. I believe my Mom used to say if you want something done right there are two ways.
      1. Give that job to someone that is already busy and working like a beaver.
      2. Do it yourself!
      This is not meant for you to do the job but only a sounding off by a former workhorse.

      Larry

      Larry & Doreen McCool
      Calgary, AB Canada
      Our new address is
      mccoollh@...
      Our website is now at
      Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 5:09 PM
      Subject: RE: Meeting, Monday 3rd January, 2005. Bring your collectibles!

      In regards to Millie's email she has taken the blame on herself for not having a Basic session in January.

      This is not Millie's fault, we had someone lined up but due to their scheduling they cannot make it until February.

      Even if there had been no one lined up it would still not be Millie's fault - she took on this position by default and our previous Program chair just couldn't cope with the position due to her just having had a baby.
      Millie works full time, has a family life plus other commitments, she is doing as much as she is able. The membership has been asked on numerous occasions at the meetings to step up to the plate and help out.

      One person looking after a main talk and a basics session is not onerous - one person looking after 10 main talks and 10 basic talks is onerous. A couple of members have come forward with suggestions and Millie and I have acted on those as best we can.

      I help Millie when I can but I have a job, a family life, the Chinook and the Website as well as being Chairman.

      If YOU want excellent programs YOU must help.

      Complaints about the program will be accepted as volunteering for the Program Chair position but solid suggestions for speakers would be most welcome.

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society