Meeting, Monday 3rd January, 2005. Bring your collectibles!

  • All Round Genie
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 28, 2004

      Good evening everyone, I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and looking forward to a new year filled with genealogy.

      On Monday evening our speaker will be Jason Kreuzer who will be talking about  the current market of antiques and collectibles - toys, china, jewellery, porcelain, fishing, tools, books, comics, many things except furniture and pictures

      Jason will give verbal appraisals on items (1 or 2 items per person).

      Do you have some item that you would like to share with the society and get Jason's comment.  Please bring it with you on Monday.

      Due to time constraints, mine over the holidays, there will not be a basic session this month.  If you have ideas and suggestions for
      programs - main and basic - please feel free to phone or send me an email with your ideas.

      Millie Drinkwater
      All Round Genie
      Phone : 243-2830
      Fax:       243-3657
      Cell:       605-2572
    • Alan Cassley
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 29, 2004
        Hi Millie
        Given that there is no beginners session does that mean that the set-up crew can arrive a little bit later, say 6.30pm?
        Does Mr Kreuzer need microphone and/or projector?
        Alan C.
        V.Chair Facilities.

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 29, 2004
          the list Address

          Hi Alan, yes I would say that you can arrive later.

          I think Jason needs a mike but not the projector. When I spoke to him
          before Christmas and asked he said he wouldn't need a projector.

          Millie

          > Given that there is no beginners session does that mean that the
          > set-up crew can arrive a little bit later, say 6.30pm?
          > Does Mr Kreuzer need microphone and/or projector?
          > Alan C.
          > V.Chair Facilities.

        • Gordon Lane
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 29, 2004
            In regards to Millie's email she has taken the blame on herself for not having a Basic session in January.

            This is not Millie's fault, we had someone lined up but due to their scheduling they cannot make it until February.

            Even if there had been no one lined up it would still not be Millie's fault - she took on this position by default and our previous Program chair just couldn't cope with the position due to her just having had a baby.
            Millie works full time, has a family life plus other commitments, she is doing as much as she is able. The membership has been asked on numerous occasions at the meetings to step up to the plate and help out.

            One person looking after a main talk and a basics session is not onerous - one person looking after 10 main talks and 10 basic talks is onerous. A couple of members have come forward with suggestions and Millie and I have acted on those as best we can.

            I help Millie when I can but I have a job, a family life, the Chinook and the Website as well as being Chairman.

            If YOU want excellent programs YOU must help.

            Complaints about the program will be accepted as volunteering for the Program Chair position but solid suggestions for speakers would be most welcome.

            Regards

            Gordon Lane
            Chairman
            Alberta Family Histories Society
            712-16th Ave NW,
            Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

            chairman@...
            www.afhs.ab.ca
            (403)214-1447

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 30, 2004
              Right on the nose Gordon. It has been, and always will be thus it seems. I believe my Mom used to say if you want something done right there are two ways.
              1. Give that job to someone that is already busy and working like a beaver.
              2. Do it yourself!
              This is not meant for you to do the job but only a sounding off by a former workhorse.

              Larry

              Larry & Doreen McCool
              Calgary, AB Canada
              Our new address is