CALGARY PUBLIC LIBRARY - CENTRAL BRANCH

  • William Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 2004
      the list Address

      Hi Folks:

      For those of you who have enjoyed the benefits of the CPL Central Branch
      for your searches you will be interested in the announcement below.
      I just wanted to let all of you know that I am no longer the genealogy
      reference staff person at Calgary Public. I have taken an opportunity to
      move into part-time work, though I will still be in Humanities/4th floor
      and so will see you there (and even at some genealogy events). I will be
      leaving the genealogy collection in the capable hands of Christine Hayes
      who will be taking over from me. Christine has been on staff in
      Humanities for some years now and has done some of her own family's
      genealogy.

      I want to thank all of you for the good will you have shown me and the
      knowledge I have gained from you over the years. I hope that the
      co-operation that exists between Calgary Public Library and the Alberta
      Family Histories Society will continue to grow over the coming years.

      Best wishes for a healthy and prosperous 2005.

      Cathy Mayhood
      Reference Assistant
      4th Floor
      Calgary Public Library

      Many will know Cathy as a long-standing and ever-helpful family history
      resource person in the Humanities Department at the CPL and at our AFHS
      seminars. She has well-earned her privilege to step back into part-time
      work and we wish her well. We also look forward to meeting Christine
      Hayes and to calling on her for help when required.

      Cheers

      BILL
      --
      WILLIAM CAMPBELL
      CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA

    • Rene Dussome
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 16, 2004
        the list Address

        Bill:

        This is a lovely message from Cathy. We shall miss her.

        Do you have her e-mail address? If so I would like to thank her personally
        for all the help she has given to family historians in Calgary over the
        years.

        Rene