RE: Shaw Secure

  • Fitzpatrick, Wendy
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
      Message
      Nope - I use an external hub/firewall & Norton anti-virus. I also do REGULAR updates & I turn off the computer at night.

      Pop-ups are next to nil, and my Shaw account filters SPAM directly to the Norton folder 98% of the time.  I'm very satisfied.

      Wendy Fitzpatrick
      Administrative Assistant, E9-2257
      New Ventures,
      International New Ventures Exploration
      EnCana Corporation

      Ph. 403-645-3427
      Fx. 403-290-2240

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
        Clear Type is not turned on by default. Start -> Control Panel ->
        Display -> Appearance -> Effects -> method to smooth fonts (checked) ->
        ClearType.

        You can make it even better by visiting
        <http://www.Microsoft.com/typography/> and running the ClearType Tuner
        utility.

        Mary Arthur
        donate library books:
        http://www.theliteracysite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites.woa

        "My aim is to agitate and disturb people. I'm not selling bread, I'm
        selling yeast. "
        -Miguel de Unamuno, writer and philosopher (1864-1936)

        On 14-Dec-04, at 09:59, Fitzpatrick, Wendy wrote:

        > Nope - I use an external hub/firewall & Norton anti-virus. I also do
        > REGULAR updates & I turn off the computer at night.
        >
        > Pop-ups are next to nil, and my Shaw account filters SPAM directly to
        > the Norton folder 98% of the time.  I'm very satisfied.
        >

        > Wendy Fitzpatrick
        > Administrative Assistant, E9-2257
        > New Ventures,
        > International New Ventures Exploration
        > EnCana Corporation
        > Ph. 403-645-3427
        > Fx. 403-290-2240

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Natalie Walker
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
          Message
          Thanks Wendy, I appreciate your comments

          Natalie