Shaw Secure

  • Natalie Walker
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2004
      Is anybody using ShawSecure @ Shaw.ca for the following protections:  anti-virus, firewall, anti-span, spyware protection, Pop-up blockers & constant software updates---as quoted in their Newsletter?

      I have just learned about this package since I am @ shaw.ca, and this seems to cover everything at once.

      Any comments?

      Natalie Walker
    • Fitzpatrick, Wendy
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
        Message
        Nope - I use an external hub/firewall & Norton anti-virus. I also do REGULAR updates & I turn off the computer at night.

        Pop-ups are next to nil, and my Shaw account filters SPAM directly to the Norton folder 98% of the time.  I'm very satisfied.

        Wendy Fitzpatrick
        Administrative Assistant, E9-2257
        New Ventures,
        International New Ventures Exploration
        EnCana Corporation

        Ph. 403-645-3427
        Fx. 403-290-2240

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
          Clear Type is not turned on by default. Start -> Control Panel ->
          Display -> Appearance -> Effects -> method to smooth fonts (checked) ->
          ClearType.

          You can make it even better by visiting
          <http://www.Microsoft.com/typography/> and running the ClearType Tuner
          utility.

          Mary Arthur
          donate library books:
          http://www.theliteracysite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites.woa

          "My aim is to agitate and disturb people. I'm not selling bread, I'm
          selling yeast. "
          -Miguel de Unamuno, writer and philosopher (1864-1936)

          On 14-Dec-04, at 09:59, Fitzpatrick, Wendy wrote:

          > Nope - I use an external hub/firewall & Norton anti-virus. I also do
          > REGULAR updates & I turn off the computer at night.
          >
          > Pop-ups are next to nil, and my Shaw account filters SPAM directly to
          > the Norton folder 98% of the time.  I'm very satisfied.
          >

          > Wendy Fitzpatrick
          > Administrative Assistant, E9-2257
          > New Ventures,
          > International New Ventures Exploration
          > EnCana Corporation
          > Ph. 403-645-3427
          > Fx. 403-290-2240

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Natalie Walker
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 14, 2004
            Message
            Thanks Wendy, I appreciate your comments

            Natalie