how to buy a digital camera

  • Mary Arthur
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2004
      the list Address

      I have bought a previous ebook from this
      publisher and was very happy with it.
      As you can guess, it is $5. US.
      As you will see, they are Mac users, but the book
      is designed for all types of computer users.

      try the sample first.

      The following is an advertisement:

      If you plan to buy a digital camera this holiday
      season, or are trying to figure out which camera
      to put on your list, our latest ebook, "Take
      Control of Buying a Digital Camera," is here to help.
      Noting that "fun cameras go places and get used;
      other cameras stay home and create guilt,"
      professional photographer Larry Chen helps
      readers buy a fun camera for the right price and
      the right reasons.

      Larry begins by helping you understand your
      photographic style and showing how your style
      relates to the type of camera and accessories
      you'll want to buy, and to how much you'll likely
      want to spend. He then walks you through
      important features to consider, explaining what
      they mean and how important they are to different
      types of
      photographers. The ebook comes with a worksheet
      (designed to be printed) that you can use to
      track features that are important to you.

      Once you've wrapped your mind around intangible
      features (such as usability) and around 15
      quantifiable features (such as megapixel count
      and zoom level), Larry guides you toward online
      camera reviews that can help you narrow your
      choices and gives advice for evaluating photo
      samples posted online. He continues with
      suggestions for
      purchasing the camera and viewing photographs on
      your computer (Mac and Windows). An appendix
      covers special information for serious
      photographers looking to buy a digital SLR camera.

      In short, if you are shopping for a
      consumer-level digital camera, you need this ebook!

      Included is a $5-off coupon for online orders
      from Small Dog
      Electronics, so if you buy a camera, or anything
      else, from Small Dog, the ebook's price
      effectively drops to zero.

      Thanks for all your support!
      -Tonya & Adam Engst, Take Control Publishers

      Book Details
      ------------
      "Take Control of Buying a Digital Camera" by
      Laurence Chen
      http://www.tidbits.com/takecontrol/buying-digicam.html
      PDF format, 73 pages, free 27-page sample available
      Publication date: December 9, 2004
      Price: $5.00

      Ordering Info
      -------------
      To order, visit the Take Control Web site and
      click the Buy button,
      or just click the link below.

      <http://store.esellerate.net/store/s.aspx?s=STR5625274989&Cmd=BUY&SKURefnum=SKU71452704199&PT=TRK-0015-TCANNOUNCE>

      At the end of the order process, click the
      Download button to
      download the Zip archive that contains the PDF of
      the book. If you have any troubles (using the
      Speed Download utility can cause problems, for
      instance), check out our Ordering Tips page at:

      http://www.tidbits.com/takecontrol/ordering-tips.html

      you can always reach me here or at ar109@...
      Support Care2 Email: 1,400 whales may be killed this year. Take action! http://www.care2.com/go/z/17954

    • William Campbell
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2004
        the list Address

        Hi Mary:

        THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Remind me to give you a Christmas hug!

        As an OLD photographer and not in synch with the digital photo world
        (yet) I must say that this is an excellent reference source and very
        affordble.

        We much appreciate your sharing this good news.

        BILL

        --
        WILLIAM CAMPBELL
        CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA