Re: Member Services E-Mail for Technical Support (KMM1403412V10983L0KM)

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2002
      Thank you very much for the reply and the instructions as to how to stop
      email from being forwarded from Cadvision. I want to be clear in one point,
      I wasn't accusing Telus of selling subscribers lists.

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2002
        I must be the ONLY person on the Dist-Gen list who has not had an increased
        level of SPAM since being transferred from Cadvision to Telus - I haven't
        noticed anything extra !

        I am however, very unhappy with the level of service of Telus compared to
        Cadvision. I don't think their service compares to what I had before and the
        transition from Cadvision was handled badly. I am actively looking for a new
        service provider - has anyone had good (or bad) experiences they would like to
        share with other services ? I have a 56k dialup telephone line connection and
        am not looking to more to high speed at this time.

        Thanks in advance,
        Marlene Roy

      • Bill Mumford
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2002
          > I am however, very unhappy with the level of service of Telus compared to
          > Cadvision. I don't think their service compares to what I had before and
          the
          > transition from Cadvision was handled badly. I am actively looking for a
          new
          > service provider - has anyone had good (or bad) experiences they would
          like to
          > share with other services ? I have a 56k dialup telephone line connection
          and
          > am not looking to more to high speed at this time.

          Our company has been using OA Internet since 1996. Price has been
          considerably less than Cadvision ($99 in 2001) and reliability has been
          comparable.to Cadvision. The parent company, OA Comp, is now in
          receivership but I understand AO Internet will be continuing in business.

          Bill

        • RobertaNormPoole
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 2, 2002
            I was recently given information re the following service provider which a
            friend has used for a few years. I spoke to the owner, Gary Williamson and
            suggest you speak to him re his company services. This might be what we are
            looking for. I will probably switch if/when Telus gets my billing sorted
            whilst trying to use up a credit

            quote.....
            http://www.ezpost.ca/services/access.asp

            If you have any questions and/or require any additional information, please
            do not hesitate to contact Gary Williamson at (403) 212-1212 or by e-mail.
            unquote
            p.s. You may use my name for referral - Roberta Poole
            > I must be the ONLY person on the Dist-Gen list who has not had an
            increased
            > level of SPAM since being transferred from Cadvision to Telus - I haven't
            > noticed anything extra !
            >
            > I am however, very unhappy with the level of service of Telus compared to
            > Cadvision. I don't think their service compares to what I had before and
            the
            > transition from Cadvision was handled badly. I am actively looking for a
            new
            > service provider - has anyone had good (or bad) experiences they would
            like to
            > share with other services ? I have a 56k dialup telephone line connection
            and
            > am not looking to more to high speed at this time.
            >
            > Thanks in advance,
            > Marlene Roy
            >
            > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            > http://www.family-roots.ca

          • Marg Randall McCready
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 3, 2002
              Yesterday I followed the instructions in your very helpful email and this
              morning, for the first time in at least one year, I had no spam. Yesterday
              when I first opened my email I had 12 spam messages. Long may this
              continue.

              Thank you so much for sharing this problem and the solution.

              Marg McCready