Queens Park Section P and PC

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2004
      Queens Park Section P and PC has now been put online and can be searched via

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      712-16th Ave NW,
      Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

      chairman@...
      www.afhs.ab.ca
      (403)214-1447

    • Judie Riddell
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2004
        The projects committee would like you all to know that Sections P and PC of Queen's Park Cemetery are the military sections of this cemetery.  The burials started in 1970 when the military sections of Burnsland Cemetery became full.  There were 5005 entries in the database I sent Gordon.

        I would like to thank all who worked on these sections especially Marlene Knott who will forever remember the summer of 2004 as her "Military Summer".  She was responsible for the Proofreading.  Heather Williams added in all the EXTRA burial records (and they were numerous) and reshot some photos and kept us up to date with new markers.  Spencer Field (with Bob Riddell's help) helped us dig out these flat markers which were in great need of clearing.  Many other people transcribed, photographed and entered data.  Thank you again.  I would think that in excess of 1000 volunteer hours went into completion of these two sections.

        On Monday we will be presenting the AFHS Library with a copy of a CD of the complete records along with the corresponding photos.  This is at least two months before the CD will be ready for sale.

        Thanks Gordon for getting these records online so quickly.

        Judie Riddell

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2004
          Judie--
          This is to do with a search for Alberta.

          A short note--
          There is no "S" on the end of Crossfield
          also in Crossfield McCool Catherine Lavina  not an "E" on the end of Lavina.  This stone is now almost illegible re Catherine.
          (Part of my tree)

          Larry

          Larry & Doreen McCool
          Calgary, AB Canada
          Our new address is
          mccoollh@...
          Our website is now at

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5, 2004
            Hi Larry,

            the s on Crossfield is my mistake and I'll adjust the spelling of Lavina

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 5, 2004
              Thanks Gordon

              Larry

              Boy-- that was a quick response!