Re: Interesting site on Britain

  • Carol Lee
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2004
      the list Address

      I had no problem bringing it up, but like Bill, mine shows the following
      address:

      http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/index.jsp

      Carol Lee

    • Keith Maitland
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 30, 2004
        the list Address

        Those with roots in Alberta and Sask. may find the current edition of
        /Canadian Geographic/ magazine of interest. Included is a colored
        pullout map which has on one side is a photo of the area from space,
        and on the other a _map of the area in 1905_ showing Indian
        reservations, towns & villages, RCMP posts, HBC posts, rail lines,
        telegraph lines, and limits of settled land and surveyed land with
        township lines. Virtually no settlement then north of 54th parallel
        other than trading posts.

        A Happy and Healthy New Year to all.

        Keith