Re: Interesting site on Britain

  • Larry Gilchrist
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2004
      Worked this time. Thanks.

      Larry

      At 10:00 PM 01/12/2004 -0700, you wrote:
      Larry....... and others.......

      Here's the link again..... I don't have any trouble opening it, but Bill Campbell had emailed me and said it didn't work for him either......  However I hope it works better for you this time.....

       www.visionofbritain.org.uk.

      Phyllis

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 2004
        the list Address

        I had no problem bringing it up, but like Bill, mine shows the following
        address:

        http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/index.jsp

        Carol Lee

      • Keith Maitland
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 30, 2004
          the list Address

          Those with roots in Alberta and Sask. may find the current edition of
          /Canadian Geographic/ magazine of interest. Included is a colored
          pullout map which has on one side is a photo of the area from space,
          and on the other a _map of the area in 1905_ showing Indian
          reservations, towns & villages, RCMP posts, HBC posts, rail lines,
          telegraph lines, and limits of settled land and surveyed land with
          township lines. Virtually no settlement then north of 54th parallel
          other than trading posts.

          A Happy and Healthy New Year to all.

          Keith