Re: question re Personal Ancestral File

  • Bill Mumford
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2 2:21 PM
      the list Address

      It sounds very much like you imported a GEDCOM file of your database
      that has been privatized. If you created a GEDCOM file as a backup
      without carefully selecting all the right options and then imported it
      you would create this situation. If you privatize a database the GEDCOM
      module simply inserts LIVING for those persons without a death date and
      does not include any information.

      If you backed up your data using the Backup menu item PAF creates a file
      <filname>.zip. This can be restored using the Restore menu item.
      Restore will give you a list of zip files that have been created by the
      program.

      Cheers

      Bill