Re: Interesting site on Britain

  • RoseMarie Mclean
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2004
      Hi Larry:

      I had no problem at all getting into the site - but that's a Mac for
      you! Safari also helps.

      Excellent content with a wide range of information which covers many
      years of interest to the family historian. Now I know why it took my
      parents so long to throw out the tin metal tub for bathing. A widely
      held tradition in Britain until the 1950's. Lots of insights into the
      Census data was well. rm

      Oats: a grain which in England is generally given to horses, but in
      Scotland supports the people. - Dr. Johnson.

      RoseMarie McLean
      Calgary/Kaslo
      CANADA
    • Larry Gilchrist
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2004
        Worked this time. Thanks.

        Larry

        At 10:00 PM 01/12/2004 -0700, you wrote:
        Larry....... and others.......

        Here's the link again..... I don't have any trouble opening it, but Bill Campbell had emailed me and said it didn't work for him either......  However I hope it works better for you this time.....

         www.visionofbritain.org.uk.

        Phyllis

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 2004
          the list Address

          I had no problem bringing it up, but like Bill, mine shows the following
          address:

          http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/index.jsp

          Carol Lee

        • Keith Maitland
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 30, 2004
            the list Address

            Those with roots in Alberta and Sask. may find the current edition of
            /Canadian Geographic/ magazine of interest. Included is a colored
            pullout map which has on one side is a photo of the area from space,
            and on the other a _map of the area in 1905_ showing Indian
            reservations, towns & villages, RCMP posts, HBC posts, rail lines,
            telegraph lines, and limits of settled land and surveyed land with
            township lines. Virtually no settlement then north of 54th parallel
            other than trading posts.

            A Happy and Healthy New Year to all.

            Keith