Re: Interesting site on Britain

  • William Campbell
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2004
      the list Address

      IT WORKS FINE NOW.

      BILL

      --
      WILLIAM CAMPBELL
      CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA

    • RoseMarie Mclean
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2004
        Hi Larry:

        I had no problem at all getting into the site - but that's a Mac for
        you! Safari also helps.

        Excellent content with a wide range of information which covers many
        years of interest to the family historian. Now I know why it took my
        parents so long to throw out the tin metal tub for bathing. A widely
        held tradition in Britain until the 1950's. Lots of insights into the
        Census data was well. rm

        Oats: a grain which in England is generally given to horses, but in
        Scotland supports the people. - Dr. Johnson.

        RoseMarie McLean
        Calgary/Kaslo
        CANADA
      • Larry Gilchrist

          Anyone else have trouble opening this site? I just get a blank sheet, and the address that shows up is: "about:blank".

          Larry

        • Carol Lee
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 3, 2004
            the list Address

            I had no problem bringing it up, but like Bill, mine shows the following
            address:

            http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/index.jsp

            Carol Lee

          • Keith Maitland
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 30, 2004
              the list Address

              Those with roots in Alberta and Sask. may find the current edition of
              /Canadian Geographic/ magazine of interest. Included is a colored
              pullout map which has on one side is a photo of the area from space,
              and on the other a _map of the area in 1905_ showing Indian
              reservations, towns & villages, RCMP posts, HBC posts, rail lines,
              telegraph lines, and limits of settled land and surveyed land with
              township lines. Virtually no settlement then north of 54th parallel
              other than trading posts.

              A Happy and Healthy New Year to all.

              Keith