Re: Interesting site on Britain

  • John B. Doyle
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2004
      I had the same result.   So I forwarded Phyllis's message to my wife's e-mail where I WAS ABLE TO OPEN IT WITHOUT A PROBLEM!  Larry we must have the same problem with our systems.  Perhaps we have our security set too high?

      John
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2004
        the list Address

        IT WORKS FINE NOW.

        BILL

        --
        WILLIAM CAMPBELL
        CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA

      • RoseMarie Mclean
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 2, 2004
          Hi Larry:

          I had no problem at all getting into the site - but that's a Mac for
          you! Safari also helps.

          Excellent content with a wide range of information which covers many
          years of interest to the family historian. Now I know why it took my
          parents so long to throw out the tin metal tub for bathing. A widely
          held tradition in Britain until the 1950's. Lots of insights into the
          Census data was well. rm

          Oats: a grain which in England is generally given to horses, but in
          Scotland supports the people. - Dr. Johnson.

          RoseMarie McLean
          Calgary/Kaslo
          CANADA
        • Larry Gilchrist

            Anyone else have trouble opening this site? I just get a blank sheet, and the address that shows up is: "about:blank".

            Larry

          • Carol Lee
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 3, 2004
              the list Address

              I had no problem bringing it up, but like Bill, mine shows the following
              address:

              http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/index.jsp

              Carol Lee

            • Keith Maitland
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 30, 2004
                the list Address

                Those with roots in Alberta and Sask. may find the current edition of
                /Canadian Geographic/ magazine of interest. Included is a colored
                pullout map which has on one side is a photo of the area from space,
                and on the other a _map of the area in 1905_ showing Indian
                reservations, towns & villages, RCMP posts, HBC posts, rail lines,
                telegraph lines, and limits of settled land and surveyed land with
                township lines. Virtually no settlement then north of 54th parallel
                other than trading posts.

                A Happy and Healthy New Year to all.

                Keith