Re: telus dial up disconnect

  • Mary Arthur
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
      Dear Helen,

      If it helps any, you are not alone. Both the dial up users were saying
      the same thing tonight at GRUG - one from Brentwood, one from Airdrie.

      Mary

      helen wrote:

      >Hi Gordon,
      >When I first moved to telus I did get a lot of SPAM but now it is much as
      >it was before, some but not a lot. Maybe this is because I am not on the
      >internet a lot (just can not seem to make it work for me).
      >
      >I have had a great deal of trouble in the past week or so with telus and my
      >e-mail. Cutting me off line and not being able to send messages. My daily
      >talks with some nice young women are getting to be a bit of a boar. (If you
      >can think of a reason that this should be happening I would love to hear
      >about it.)
      >Helen

    • Ellen Kinghorn
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
        This has nothing to do with the dial up or cadvision and telus, but my
        personal recipe for avoiding internet problems has become not to download
        anything from Microsoft. You always get those little messages popping up
        and I blithely ignore them now. Some folks may consider that "silly", but
        I've found all my hardware is usually working perfectly; the router and Shaw
        cable connection. The only problems I've ever encountered always seem to be
        connected to seemingly harmless downloads that my computer chokes on! I
        still trust Norton Anti-Virus and do download from them. No repercussions
        so far.

        Ellen Kinghorn
        Email: ellen@...
        Webpage: www.kinghorn.ca
        Researching: EVANS, DOWNEY, WATSON, WEATHERHEAD, BRIGGS, SCOTT, ROADHOUSE,
        MOORE, SELBY, CARR, SCARPITTI, CONTI, PARISI, CARANO, JOSLYN, WILLIAMS,
        HUMPHREY, MILLER IRWIN, DRIVER, DUNHAM, McAULEY, ARMSTRONG, DEAN, HOPE,
        CRESSEY, KNOT, WELLS, KINGHORN, PREVOST, SOMERVILLE, TINNING, HORNE, and
        many, many, more....see webpage!