Process viewing program for Windows

  • Charlie Hansen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2004
      At yesterday's Computer SIG meeting I mentioned a program that
      would list all the programs running or residing in your computer's
      RAM memory. Unfortunately I gave the wrong name for the
      program. I should have given "PrcView". It is available (free) at:

      http://www.xmlsp.com/pview/prcview.htm

      If you highlight the name of a program, and select
      "Process -> Startup Info" from the menu, it will give you the path of
      the command that started the program. It does not allow you to
      prevent the start up like MSConfig, but tells you were to look with
      Windows Explorer (or whatever program manager that you are
      using) to edit or delete that command. There is lots of other kinds
      of information available, if you really want to dig into Windows.

      Another similar, but simpler program, is "WinProcess", available
      from:

      http://www.procreativesystems.com/winprocess/index.htm

      It is also free, but nags you to register to get a registration number,
      but you can just click OK twice and it will run fine.

      Have full finding what is using up all your memory!

      Regards,

      Charlie Hansen