English Civil Registration Certificates

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2004
      the list Address

      Hello English (and Welsh) Researchers:

      At FamilyRoots 2004 a couple of people asked me about the cost of civil
      registration certificates from England. It is possible that other
      researchers need this information also. If so, go to:

      http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/RegOffice/

      The first paragraph states:

      Birth, Death and Marriage certificates can be ordered (in most cases) from
      the offices listed for 7.00 UK pounds. You should make payments to 'The
      Superintendent Registrar' unless other instructions are given with the
      address. If the register entry is not at the office where you sent the
      application, they MAY forward your request to the correct office. Please
      enclose a self addressed envelope. Within the UK please send a stamped SAE.
      From outside the United Kingdom please add 50p to the above price to cover
      postage.

      Information about obtaining certificates from the General Register Office,
      Southport and the Family Records Centre, London are also on this website.

      Rene Dussome

    • Gordon Lane
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2004
        the list Address

        You can also order online at:

        http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificate/

        For
        7 pound

        Regards

        Gordon Lane
        Chairman
        Alberta Family Histories Society
        712-16th Ave NW,
        Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

        chairman@...
        www.afhs.ab.ca
        (403)214-1447

      • Rene Dussome
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 22, 2009
          I just received the following message from a Yorkshire mailing list:

          "I called in at Leeds Register Office yesterday to order and pick up a Death
          Cert of an Ancestor and spotted a Notice stating that from the 2nd Nov 2009
          to actually call in at the Office to order and pick up a Certificate will
          cost £15 but to order a Cert by telephone or post will still be £7, is this
          going to be the same in all Register Offices?"

          Has anyone else heard about this new rule?

          Rene Dussome