DVD

  • Wayne Fuller
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2004
      Can someone tell me "are DVDs universal" ie can I cut a DVD here and sent it
      to Europe and they will be able to play it or see it on their systems??

      Wayne Fuller

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Mary Arthur
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2004
        From what I can see, the answer is, mostly yes.

        See: http://www.videohelp.com/dvd

        Mary Arthur

        On 13-Nov-04, at 13:37, Wayne Fuller wrote:

        > Can someone tell me "are DVDs universal" ie can I cut a DVD here and
        > sent it
        > to Europe and they will be able to play it or see it on their systems??
        >
        > Wayne Fuller

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • E.Rodier
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 13, 2004
          Wayne,
          One DVD machine to another (attached to computer and televsion) in the same
          house has variations and there are several kinds of DVD media. Experiments
          with dual density here (8.5 GB.) DVD+R DL

          Some machines play more kinds of media than others, but don't count on the
          advertised media to work every time. One favorite brand of equipment runs
          best with DVD - and another brand works better with DVD +

          Ask the people in Europe about the brand and method for DVDs they are using
          and try to make one the same way to send. -- Elizabeth