RE: Salt Lake City - 2005

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 12, 2004
      Millie:

      April 10 to17 2005 suits me.

      Rene Dussome

      I am planning another research trip to Salt Lake City LDS Library April 10 to17, 2005, date to be confirmed. Good Friday is March 25th so we want to leave the weeks either side of that alone because of spring breaks. My next choice had been April 3 - 10 but April 3 is the date we put the clocks forward. So, I selected the 10th. I am still awaiting pricing details for flights and hotel.

      If you are interested in joining us on this trip please respond to as soon as possible - the larger the numbers the better deal I can probably get, once they get over 10. Even the people who have already said that they are interested, please respond.

      If you cannot make it for spring 2005 - would you be interested in the fall of 2005 or spring 2006? Please let me know.

      If you know someone who is not on dist gen but you know is interested in a trip please have them contact me or let me have their email address.

      Millie Drinkwater
      403-605-2572
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca http://www.family-roots.ca
    • Connie Inkster
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 18, 2004
        the list Address

        I spent the first 2 weeks of November in Salt Lake City doing research at
        the Family History Library. Since my last trip a year and a half ago, they
        have done some reorganizing. The US/Canadian books are on the 3rd floor, the
        US/Canadian microfilms are on the 2nd floor, the family histories and
        biographies are on the main floor, International books and microfilms are on
        B1, and British Isles books, microfilms and microfiche are on B2.

        In September I was able to get a seat sale ticket with Skywest
        http://www.skywest.com/ . The Delta Connection flight was about 2 hours from
        Calgary to Salt Lake City and cost me just under $450.00. Leaving here the
        day the clocks were changed did not cause me any problems.

        Shaw webmail did not work at the Family History Library. Fortunately a
        friend told me in advance so I used my yahoo.ca account for my emails.

        Connie Inkster
        inkstercm@...

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 19, 2004
          the list Address

          Thank you for your information Connie, I really appreciate the information
          you are giving as I are the people who are looking to join my group.

          On the flight details - a seat sale is one thing, last minute for one or two
          people. Booking for a group in order to get the seats I need to book way
          ahead of time. You got an exceptionally good deal. Those kind of deals
          are usually not available more than 2 months before the flight.

          > I spent the first 2 weeks of November in Salt Lake City doing research at
          > the Family History Library. Since my last trip a year and a half ago, they
          > have done some reorganizing. The US/Canadian books are on the 3rd floor,
          > the
          > US/Canadian microfilms are on the 2nd floor, the family histories and
          > biographies are on the main floor, International books and microfilms are
          > on
          > B1, and British Isles books, microfilms and microfiche are on B2.
          >
          > In September I was able to get a seat sale ticket with Skywest
          > http://www.skywest.com/ . The Delta Connection flight was about 2 hours
          > from
          > Calgary to Salt Lake City and cost me just under $450.00. Leaving here the
          > day the clocks were changed did not cause me any problems.
          >
          > Shaw webmail did not work at the Family History Library. Fortunately a
          > friend told me in advance so I used my yahoo.ca account for my emails.
          >
          > Connie Inkster
          > inkstercm@...

        • Rene Dussome
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 19, 2004
            the list Address

            Dear Connie:

            Shaw webmail worked OK for me at SLC last March.

            Rene Dussome

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 19, 2004
              the list Address

              Hi Rene,

              My friend was in Salt Lake City in early October and she couldn't send notes
              using her Shaw account. She could receive notes though. She "could use it at
              the public library on Sundays without problem but can't use here at the FHL.
              I enquired and it appears I'm not the only one having trouble with Shaw's
              webmail. They thought it might have something to do with the virus
              protection. If you have a hotmail account you'll want to use it."

              Before you go on your next trip, I'd suggest you sign up for a hotmail or
              yahoo account. Then, if you can't use your Shaw account, at least you can
              still do emails.