FW: History Book - Bow Island

  • Mabel
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2004

      Some good news for those who have ancestors and relatives that lived in the Bow Island area of Alberta .

      Mabel Kiessling

      After 4 years of hard work a new history book has been completed for the Bow Island, Alberta area.

      The book is titled " Sage Brush to Pivots"

      It is almost 900 pages

      Hundreds of family histories are included as well as stories of the area, agriculture, education, churches, cemeteries ( complete with names of everyone buried in the Bow Island, Winnifred, Sacred Heart and St. Anthony Cemetery ).

      We would like to let people know that the book is now available.

      Contact can be made by contacting Clarence Thurston, Chairman Bow island History Book Committee, Box 1183, Bow Island, Ab. T0K 0G0 - Phone 403-545-2939. or e-mail to < fjmellen@...

      We appreciate anything you can do for us.

      Fred Mellen