Re: December Meeting

  • fredastewart
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2004
      Hi Gordon - I think the food bank thing would be a great idea. If someone carries it to the trunk of my car I can look after donations, as we are not too far away from the place.
      Could you clarify 'Christmas goodies' in your other e-mail. Are you asking about cookies etc for a get-together following the meeting? That is also the subject of the meeting which I have to chair and I understood Christmas Goodies in that context to mean some of the gadgetry we would like to have as gifts for Christmas.
      Freda
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2004
        Hi everyone,

        must be my accent :-)

        Christmas goodies to me means cookies and cakes etc.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8, 2004
          Dear Freda et al,

          The tradition is for each person to bring a couple of things like canned goods for the Food Bank and a plate of no more than 6 cookies, squares or other sweet calory-free goodies.  The goodies get set out in the kitchen and we form a line to go through to pick up some samples (of the goodies, not the canned goods).

          Lois Sparling