December Meeting

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2004
      Hi everyone,

      For the last couple of years someone has arranged for a box from the Calgary Food bank so we could collect food at our December meeting. I haven't heard from anyone about this year and was wondering if it was going to happen again

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      712-16th Ave NW,
      Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

      chairman@...
      www.afhs.ab.ca
      (403)214-1447

    • fredastewart
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2004
        Hi Gordon - I think the food bank thing would be a great idea. If someone carries it to the trunk of my car I can look after donations, as we are not too far away from the place.
        Could you clarify 'Christmas goodies' in your other e-mail. Are you asking about cookies etc for a get-together following the meeting? That is also the subject of the meeting which I have to chair and I understood Christmas Goodies in that context to mean some of the gadgetry we would like to have as gifts for Christmas.
        Freda

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8, 2004
          Hi everyone,

          must be my accent :-)

          Christmas goodies to me means cookies and cakes etc.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 8, 2004
            Dear Freda et al,

            The tradition is for each person to bring a couple of things like canned goods for the Food Bank and a plate of no more than 6 cookies, squares or other sweet calory-free goodies.  The goodies get set out in the kitchen and we form a line to go through to pick up some samples (of the goodies, not the canned goods).

            Lois Sparling