One Sheet Family History

  • Mabel
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 2004

      AFHS received a question from a query about how to display their Family History.  The Family History goes back to 1550 and is presently on a large number of pieces of paper.  The query would like to know how to display it on one sheet of paper, or on computer.  Does anyone have ideas?  Or would someone offer to correspond, by email, with the query to give them information?

      Mabel Kiessling

    • Carol Lee
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 29, 2004

        The last time I was in Salt Lake City I picked up 2 large charts that are suitable for hanging on the wall.  They are circle charts and include 9 generations.  I plan to do one for each of my parents.37" square and very sturdy.  When I got back to Calgary, I heard I could have bought them from Bev Rees here in Calgary.

        Carol Lee

        AFHS received a question from a query about how to display their Family History.  The Family History goes back to 1550 and is presently on a large number of pieces of paper.  The query would like to know how to display it on one sheet of paper, or on computer.  Does anyone have ideas?  Or would someone offer to correspond, by email, with the query to give them information?

        Mabel Kiessling

      • William Campbell
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 29, 2004
          Hi Mabel:

          I believe Beehive Books stock 12 generation charts. Would that work?

          Cheers

          Bill

          Mabel wrote:

          AFHS received a question from a query about how to display their Family History.  The Family History goes back to 1550 and is presently on a large number of pieces of paper.  The query would like to know how to display it on one sheet of paper, or on computer.  Does anyone have ideas?  Or would someone offer to correspond, by email, with the query to give them information?

          Mabel Kiessling

        • Kenneth W. Rees
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 29, 2004
            the list Address

            Is the intent to display the direct line pedigree only? In that case, a 12 or 15 generation chart might suffice. But I believe most 12 and 15 generation pedigrees are printed on both sides.

            If the intent is to display the direct line pedigree and the associated family groups, the problem is much more difficult. Probably the only way that comes to mind is to reduce it to digital format, print a mosaic of pages, and fit them together like a puzzle.

            Ken
            From: William Campbell <wacampbell@...>
            Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:44:44 -0600

            >Hi Mabel:
            >
            >I believe Beehive Books stock 12 generation charts. Would that work?
            >
            >Cheers
            >
            >Bill
            >
            >Mabel wrote:
            >
            >> AFHS received a question from a query about how to display their
            >> Family History. The Family History goes back to 1550 and is presently
            >> on a large number of pieces of paper. The query would like to know
            >> how to display it on one sheet of paper, or on computer. Does anyone
            >> have ideas? Or would someone offer to correspond, by email, with the
            >> query to give them information?
            >>

            >> Mabel Kiessling

          • Kenneth W. Rees
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 29, 2004
              the list Address

              We would certainly be willing to correspond about this matter.

              Ken

              From: "Carol Lee" <carlee1@...>
              Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:27:43 -0600

              > The last time I was in Salt Lake City I picked up 2 large charts that are suitable for hanging on the wall. They are circle charts and include 9 generations. I plan to do one for each of my parents.37" square and very sturdy. When I got back to Calgary, I heard I could have bought them from Bev Rees here in Calgary.
              >
              > Carol Lee

            • Ancestor Find
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 31, 2004
                Ancestor Find (Bev and Ken Rees) carry the 8 generation circle chart which is printed all on one side.  The 12 and 15 generation pedigree charts that we also carry are printed on both sides of the paper.  The 8 generation chart sells for $5.95 and the 12 and 15 generation charts sell for $2.95.

                Sincerely,

                Beverley A. Rees, genealogist
                Ancestor Find
                http://www.familyhistree.com