Central and East European sites

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2004
      the list Address

      I now realize that I misinformed the attendees of my sessions as I told them
      they would receive the CD or url to my talk as included in the registration
      fee. I misunderstood what I was told. Mea culpa! Mea culpa! Mea culpa! Now
      can I be forgiven?

      To those who attended the Central and East European talk I have two new
      websites to consider:
      http://www.kartenmeister.com/preview/databaseUwe.asp
      and
      http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/

      This is in addition to the one in my talk http://www.eegsociety.org/main.asp

      In all of these though there is no shortcut to knowing the correct oblast,
      raion, deanery or archdiocese and religion for the parish in your town so
      that you can confirm this is the correct ancestral village. I found the
      ShtetlSeeker more comprehensive as I did not find my village or surname
      under any variation of spelling at the Uwe database.

      I provided my entire talk except for the first two links above to Gordon
      Lane so if you want it, it appears you will need to spend $5.00 which is a
      bargain for that much information from everyone. My Central & EE alone has
      117 slides.

      http://www.knowmap.com/age/
      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564
      Call to find out the next free sessions of "Scrapbooking Made Easy"