FAMILYROOTS 2004 - Family Tree Maker

  • William Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2004

      Hi Folks:
      In its search for  the best speakers it could find, the planning committee for our biennial Expo/Seminar FamilyRoots 2004
      discovered a well-qualified and knowledgeable authority on Canadian military records - Mr. Rick Roberts.
      Rick and his wife Sandra are also the ambitious owners of the Global Genealogy & History Shoppe in Campbellville, Ontario.
      Global Genealogy is widely known for its great fund of books, software and other family history resources, especially those related to Eastern Canada.

      In addition, Global Genealogy  hosts  The Global Gazette (http://globalgenealogy.com/globalgazette/gazce/gazce104.htm)  which keeps us informed on the latest position in the ongoing saga of the release of the post-1901 Canada Census.
      Rick kindly consented to come to Calgary and will speak at FamilyRoots 2004 on 'Researching Canadian Military Records'.
      And further, he has contracted to bring a display of Global's books and genealogy materials for the Expo component of FamilyRoots 2004.

      Then, to top it off, it turns out the Rick is one of the most knowledgeable people in Canada in the use of the very popular Family Tree Maker software programme.
      So, to round off the excitement of the FamilyRoots 2004 weekend Rick has agreed to hold a one-day workshop on
       Using Family Tree Maker Software - (Beginner to Advanced)

      If you would like to know more about this complement to our  FamilyRoots 2004  Expo/Seminar you are invited to visit Global Genealogy's website at
      http://globalgenealogy.com/workshops/index.htm#calgary-october17

      And, for complete details on the scope of the workshop click on Workshop Agenda.

      To register for the workshop and to get even further information you may call toll-free  1-800-361-5168

      Look forward to seeing you on Friday evening October 15th and Saturday Octber 16th, and if you are interested in the use of Family Tree Maker  we'll see you on Sunday.

      WHAT A WEEKEND - our ancestors would be proud of us! :-)

      Cheers

      Bill

      --
      WILLIAM CAMPBELL