RE: National Burial Index (England and Wales)

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2004
      Thanks Zenia for your observations. It can get complicated when dealing with the customs people as well as the post office but one expects to pay some form of duty when ordering goods from another country. In your case, it is more than complicated - it is a nightmare!

      The reason I sent the message to dist-gen in the first place was not to complain about the amount I had to pay at the post office before collecting my parcel, but to alert other people who have ordered the NBI to the fact that they will have to pay a similar amount when their parcel arrives.

      It is a neat little package, by the way, with a foldout box containing 4 CDs and a nice, colorful background for each CD. According to the map on the box, my area of the West Riding of Yorkshire has the greatest number of burial entries - over 1,001,000.

      Rene