Re: unsubscribe dist-gen

  • owner-dist-gen@rumbolt.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2 3:17 PM
      To everyone with a cadvision address as well as anyone else who may wish to Unsubscribe. There is a NEW procedure. You must follow these steps if you wish to change your address:
      Unsubscribe: Send mail to <majordomo@...> with ONLY the following command in the BODY of your email message: unsubscribe dist-gen or from another account, besides the one you subscribed from: unsubscribe dist-gen youraddress@... Subscribe: Send mail to <majordomo@...> with ONLY the following command in the BODY of your email message: subscribe dist-gen It doesn't matter what is in the subject line. Please note you will need to receive 4 messages from the software before you succeed in subscribing. (You only get one when you successfully unsubscribe). Most of the maintenance activities such as subscribe, unsubscribe and change of address for the dist-gen list are handled by the list server program and response is immediate. The program requires that commands be in a specific format. If it does not understand your command it will bounce the message back to you. Just fix it up and resend it.

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca http://www.family-roots.ca
    • owner - dist-gen
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2002

        as well as below:

        brian@... wrote:
        Hi Judith:

        Do I notify you to unsubscribe from distgen? I will be gone for six
        weeks.

        Brian Martin