Scanning at FR 2004

  • Doug Hay
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
      the list Address

      Hello everybody,
      As I am sure all of you are aware from Bill Mumford's message a week or
      so ago, the NGS Family Papers visit to Calgary has been canceled. They
      were to have a booth at FamilyRoots 2004 and demonstrate their methods
      of scanning and preserving old documents. The plan was to scan all
      family papers submitted to them and to produce a CD for the submitter.
      Well since they aren't coming, we will set up a scanning demonstration
      at the show on October 16 anyway. Andy Jaremko is going to do this. We
      are prepared to scan and burn to CD those papers which are precious to
      you and give you the CD, if you are interested.
      This may or may not be popular. If it is we could have a problem
      accommodating every one in the 8 to 4 time slot of the show.
      So to gage the interest and, if necessary, form a reservation line I am
      asking anyone interested to reply to me with an indication of how many
      pieces you might want to scan. I will arbitrarily assign you a time
      during the day. I will get back to those who reply ASAP.
      Thank you for your interest.

      Doug Hay

    • Gord Hulbert
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2004
        the list Address

        Hi Doug:

        Sounds like a winner, however, have you thought of how to control the
        possible large line up?

        Regards,

        Gord Hulbert
        403-240-4636