FAMILYROOTS 2004 - RADIO PROMOTION

  • William Campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2004
      Hi Folks:

      The FamilyRoots 2004  Planning Committee is working feverishly to make our Expo/Seminar  the 'Genealogical Event of the Year' in Calgary - both rewarding and successful.

      LOOKING BACK FOR THE FUTURE

      The call is out to the radio and TV media in Calgary for their support.  We will try to give you advance notice of  the important spotlights that come our way. It is seldom predictable !

      However, you should be aware that our two major supporters have now made firm commitments.

      Radio Station CKMX  AM.1060 will be airing many announcements each day beginning on Monday October 4th. They will be offering FamilyRoots 2004  free admission tickets in their phone-in promotions.
      Next week you will hear Don Slade interview one of our Committee members live (we sincerely hope) on the Don Slade morning show (6am - 9am).

      So, TUNE IN to CKMX  AM.1060

      The Calgary Herald is also our major supporter.
      Look for ads in the Herald on Friday October 1  and in Neighbours on Thursday October 7th

      Above all please encourage your friends, neighbours and relatives to attend on October 15/16

      The $5.00  entry fee to visit all the exhibits, with access to the gallery of family history experts and attend the Mini -Seminars has to be the best genealogy bargain west of the Great Lakes this year.

      For all the details, of course, visit  www.afha.ab.ca

      --
      WILLIAM CAMPBELL
      CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA