Re: Queen's Park Cemetery

  • Lynda Alderman
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 27, 2004
      the list Address

      Don

      Good to hear from you

      I'm going to be away for the next few days but will be in touch with you as
      soon as I get back.

      Lynda
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 28, 2004
        the list Address

        I will do data entering. I would like to work from home if possible..

        Pat Morey

      • Judie Riddell
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 28, 2004
          the list Address

          There have been many comments from the group on whether people without
          tombstones who are buried in Queen's Park will make our database.

          The answer is Yes.

          The Index that is online for Sections A to F includes every burial listed in
          the burial books at the Queen's Park Office. The full data is available on
          CD at the AFHS Library (a benefit of membership) along with the photos of
          each tombstone. The CD with the full database for over 9300 entries and the
          available photos from these sections should be available at the seminar and
          thereafter

          I spend 6 months (off and on) going through these burial books and adding
          records of people who do not have tombstones. Therefore to the best of my
          knowledge every one who was buried in those sections is listed with his or
          herlocation and burial date. We also used these books to check the data we
          already had.

          I want to thank Marlene Knott, Heather Williams and Carol Lylyk for adding
          this extra information into the already large database.

          Section P which is the Field of Honour should be available within the next
          month.

          To that regard I would appreciate recieving your favourite Military Websites
          so we can add them to the CD as well. Adding as many military links and
          resources as we can will enhance the usefulness of the CD

          I hope this helps explain the context of our work and will put to rest any
          doubts that some people will not be in the database.

          We are presently working on Section J. As the sections are complete we will
          let you know that they are available at the Library.

          Judie Riddell

        • fredastewart
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 29, 2004
            the list Address

            Hi Judie: This past summer with company from Quebec, we went looking in
            Queen's Park and found the burial sites of two cousins. They are in Section
            K and I wondered if you have done that part yet. The couple is buried in one
            site with no tombstone but we found the marker quite handily. If you haven't
            done this yet I can give you the info if you wish. Let me know.
            Freda Stewart

            > There have been many comments from the group on whether people without
            > tombstones who are buried in Queen's Park will make our database.
            >
            > The answer is Yes.
            >
            > The Index that is online for Sections A to F includes every burial listed
            > in
            > the burial books at the Queen's Park Office. The full data is available
            > on
            > CD at the AFHS Library (a benefit of membership) along with the photos of
            > each tombstone. The CD with the full database for over 9300 entries and
            > the
            > available photos from these sections should be available at the seminar
            > and
            > thereafter
            >
            > I spend 6 months (off and on) going through these burial books and adding
            > records of people who do not have tombstones. Therefore to the best of my
            > knowledge every one who was buried in those sections is listed with his or
            > herlocation and burial date. We also used these books to check the data
            > we
            > already had.
            >
            > I want to thank Marlene Knott, Heather Williams and Carol Lylyk for adding
            > this extra information into the already large database.
            >
            > Section P which is the Field of Honour should be available within the next
            > month.
            >
            > To that regard I would appreciate recieving your favourite Military
            > Websites
            > so we can add them to the CD as well. Adding as many military links and
            > resources as we can will enhance the usefulness of the CD
            >
            > I hope this helps explain the context of our work and will put to rest any
            > doubts that some people will not be in the database.
            >
            > We are presently working on Section J. As the sections are complete we
            > will
            > let you know that they are available at the Library.
            >
            > Judie Riddell
            >

            > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            >
            > http://www.family-roots.ca

          • Lynda Alderman
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
              the list Address

              Hi Pat,

              Do you have Excel, and have you done cemetery data entry before?

              Lynda
              > I will do data entering. I would like to work from home if possible..
              >
              > Pat Morey
              >

              > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
              >
              > http://www.family-roots.ca

            • Lynda Alderman
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
                the list Address

                Lorna,

                How can I get recording sheets to you for data entry....is mail the best
                way? I live at Bragg Creek and occasionally go to the city. For instance,
                this week I'll be at a school on 26th St. and 17 Ave. SW on Thursday, all
                day, and again the following Thursday, all day, if you could come by there
                and pick them up. Otherwise, I could mail them to you.

                Lynda
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 5, 2004
                  the list Address

                  Don

                  Do you have Excel on your computer? That's the program we use for data
                  entry.

                  I live in Bragg Creek but occasionally go the city for work etc. I could
                  meet you in the city some day, or I could mail the recording sheets to you.

                  Let me know.