RE: WWI Battles

  • Ann Stewart
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 27, 2004
      Joanne, a friend of mine provided this which might help you.

      The 49th Battalion CEF was in the Third Canadian Infantry Division.

      The CEF entered the third battle of Ypres on October 26 of 1917.  The battle is better known as Passchendaele.  Between August and November the Commonwealth lost 250,000 soldiers and advanced a total of less than four miles.
      Ann Stewart