English 1901 Online Census

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2004
      the list Address

      Hello English Researchers:

      Hope is on the way for those of us who have been frustrated in our search
      for ancestors in 1901. The undernoted message was posted to the
      UK-1901-Census mailing list today.

      Rene Dussome

      I recently mentioned my difficulties in locating a family by the name of
      SPACKMAN in London. I became so frustrated (the other family I was
      researching was incorrectly indexed and took me weeks to find!) I emailed
      the online 1901 census with a suggestion that they enhance their on line
      search facility.

      Well it seems they have it in hand. I received the following in reply

      ‘We are introducing an Intelligent Search to the site in the near future
      which will be more user friendly. In the meantime send me the details of
      the Spackmans and I will do some searching on your behalf. Hope to hear from
      you soon.’

      I will keep you posted.

      Andy Claxton