Re: AFHS web edits

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 25 6:45 PM
      kinda right.

      If your preferred folder to house all created information is "data"
      (e.g. c:/data/), you need to create the following folders - each of
      which will have files housed in them.

      c:/data/afhs/
      c:/data/afhs/aids/
      c:/data/afhs/aids/geographic/
      c:/data/afhs/aids/images (if you want them in place as well)
      c:/data/afhs/aids/localhistory/
      c:/data/afhs/aids/starting/
      c:/data/afhs/aids/talks/

      So, as you suggest:
      c:/data/afhs/aids/geographic/

      would have a number of files in it, with paths such as follows:

      c:/data/afhs/aids/geographic/alberta.html
      c:/data/afhs/aids/geographic/germany.html
      c:/data/afhs/aids/geographic/index.html

      etc.

      Clearer now?

      You really want to avoide a folder/subfolder named "index" since that's
      really the name of a file.

      Would you like to get together some evening at my place? I'd be glad to
      show you how I have things set up and show you how I employ DreamWeaver
      to do a lot of the fussy work for me. (I've already Hinted to Geo Lake
      that this would be a good tool to have in the AFHS assets)...

      --
      In Kinship,
      Judith Rempel, Webster

      and

      afhs@...

      Canadian Genealogical Projects Register
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/registry/

      FamilyRoots 2002
    • Judith Rempel
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 25 6:58 PM
        oops - sorry all. Meant for Eileen only.

        Judith Rempel wrote:

        > kinda right.
        >
        > If your preferred folder to house all created information is "data"
        > (e.g. c:/data/), you need to create the following folders - each of
        > which will have files housed in them.
        >
        > c:/data/afhs/
        > c:/data/afhs/aids/
        > c:/data/afhs/aids/geographic/
        > c:/data/afhs/aids/images (if you want them in place as well)
        > c:/data/afhs/aids/localhistory/
        > c:/data/afhs/aids/starting/
        > c:/data/afhs/aids/talks/

        <snip>