Brock 1900

  • dmollin
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2004
      the list Address

      Hi, We have been trying to locate our grandmother Myrtle Brock. We have just
      found out that the family may have been in Edmonton around the early 1900's.
      They only had girls. We have a couple of birth records from the US - Indiana
      and Idaho. These have only the last names of the mother and father -
      Brock-Goodrich and no names of the birth except for female Brock. Three of our
      grandmother's sisters became known as the Brox Sisters and appeared in the
      Music Revue - we have a lot of information on their careers. According to our
      information these sisters used to sing and perform in Alberta before going to
      New York. The sisters claimed they were related to a famous Canadian Brock.
      Any information would be greatly appreciated. Our grandmother married Carl
      Isteed who homesteaded in Wainwright and we have connected with this family.
      Carl and Myrtle moved to Vancouver, B.C. and Carl disappeared around 1925 and
      the family never heard from him again.
      Thanks,
      Donna

    • Judith Rempel
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2004
        the list Address

        Don't forget to review the 1906 Census records online. For Edmonton Census District transcriptions and links to census images, see: http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/1906/alberta/20/index.html

        Judith Rempel
        judith@...
        &
        1906@...

        From: dmollin <dmollin@...>
        Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 08:47:26 -0700

        Signup at www.doteasy.com

      • E.Rodier
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 19, 2004
          the list Address

          http://www.collectionscanada.ca/02/02011102_e.html

          This web site has three land grants for Isteed.

          http://www.agsedm.edmonton.ab.ca/htm/surname/brtoby.htm
          1901 census has some BROCKE names at Pretty Hill, Strathcona Electoral
          District which included some Edmonton area post offices.

          ---
          "Our grandmother married Carl Isteed who homesteaded in Wainwright"