Re: JINGLE COINS AT THE ENGLISH SIG (Sep 21)

  • ANN WILLIAMS
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2004
      the list Address

      September 21: 7 p.m. in the library. We'll be looking at pre-1971
      English coins (and their purchasing power), there'll be coins minted in
      the 1700s, in 1901 when maybe our ancestors were in the census and for
      the years between. Bring along any information on wages, housing costs
      etc. in the "olden days" as we'll have a book there that translates
      those amounts into current values.

      Bring along your research problems too - several heads may be better
      than one!

      Ann Williams (286-4095)
      SIG Co-ordinator