Re: EASTMAN'S NEWSLETTER - Family Tree Maker 2005

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2004
      the list Address

      Bill Campbell,
      Will there be a demonstration of FTM 2005 at Family Roots 2004 October 16?
      There are major changes to the look of the program with the Family View and
      Pedigree View but no obvious changes to printouts.

      John Donaldson from Australia posted a lengthy message about changes to the
      FTM mailing lists. FTM is distributed in Australia by the computer group in
      Melbourne and apparently out-sells all the other genealogy programs
      combined.

      Some of the software comparisons and also long time customers missed
      learning features that were available as early as FTM 4 released in 1997.
      Some people (including me, FTM customer since 1990) had to learn new methods
      and took a few sessions to adjust to the changes in FTM 2005.

      The online (blog) version of Dick Eastman's newsletter review of FTM 2005
      posted August 29 also has more than 40 comments from readers including Paul
      Burchfield who was the main tech support person in California from 1993 to
      2003.

      The main discussion about the new version continues on FTM TECH mailing list
      started early 1995 which has a link from the FTM web site. There are three
      other mailing lists (two on RootsWeb) started by customers. -- Elizabeth