EASTMAN'S NEWSLETTER - Family Tree Maker 2005

  • William Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2004
      the list Address

      Hi Folks:

      For those interested in FTM software you will be interested to know that
      today's issue of Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter
      at http://eogn.typepad.com/ carries an extensive review of the new
      FTM 2005 program.

      Cheers

      Bill

      --
      WILLIAM CAMPBELL
      CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA

    • E.Rodier
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2004
        the list Address

        Bill Campbell,
        Will there be a demonstration of FTM 2005 at Family Roots 2004 October 16?
        There are major changes to the look of the program with the Family View and
        Pedigree View but no obvious changes to printouts.

        John Donaldson from Australia posted a lengthy message about changes to the
        FTM mailing lists. FTM is distributed in Australia by the computer group in
        Melbourne and apparently out-sells all the other genealogy programs
        combined.

        Some of the software comparisons and also long time customers missed
        learning features that were available as early as FTM 4 released in 1997.
        Some people (including me, FTM customer since 1990) had to learn new methods
        and took a few sessions to adjust to the changes in FTM 2005.

        The online (blog) version of Dick Eastman's newsletter review of FTM 2005
        posted August 29 also has more than 40 comments from readers including Paul
        Burchfield who was the main tech support person in California from 1993 to
        2003.

        The main discussion about the new version continues on FTM TECH mailing list
        started early 1995 which has a link from the FTM web site. There are three
        other mailing lists (two on RootsWeb) started by customers. -- Elizabeth