English Wills

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2004
      English Wills

      Does anyone know where I can get a will from 1936, death was recorded in Romford Essex

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society
      712-16th Ave NW,
      Calgary, AB, T2W 0J8

      chairman@...
      www.afhs.ab.ca
      (403)214-1447

    • Rene Dussome
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2004
        English Wills
        Gordon:

        Write to:

        Probate Sub-Registry

        Castle Chambers, Clifford Street

        York, North Yorkshire  Y01 9RG     phone: (0)1904-624210

        England

        They handle all mail requests for copies of wills  post 1858. Send a money order for £5 payable to HM Paymaster General. They may accept credit card payments but I am not sure about that.

        Rene Dussome