Fw: Speak for Sport!

  • Marilyn
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2004

      Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 12:35 PM
      Subject: Speak for Sport!

      The Alberta government wants to hear from you on a debt-free future

      The provincial government has launched a public consultation survey called ItÂ’s Your Future. The survey identifies several challenges and opportunities that Alberta faces and asks you to rate your priorities in various areas including health care, education, the environment, or tax reductions, and to decide what to do with any surpluses the government may receive in coming years.

      Investment in sport, including our very needy recreation facility infrastructure, is not specifically identified within the survey. Additionally, the Alberta Sport Plan is not identified within the "number of consultations" over the past four years. However, at the end of the survey, there is space to fill in your comments and identify other priorities such as sport and recreation. The sport community has to make its voice heard. You have until September 24 to respond by mail or through this website.

      Please take the time and this opportunity to provide the Alberta government with your opinion and encourage your colleagues in sport to do the same. This is a rare chance to put your concerns about our sporting future squarely in front of the decision-makers in government.

      Please forward this to everyone who supports our concerns for the future of sport in Alberta .

      www.calgarysportcouncil.ca