Re: Legal description.

  • Leslie
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2004
      the list Address

      This is what I use to locate the land in 2 steps
      1. http://www.maptown.com/coordinates.html

      2. http://geonames.nrcan.gc.ca/index_e.php

      it is a bit tedious but works

      Leslie
      PS thank to AFHS for the links!

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2004
        Larry:

        The southwest corner of the property would be 172 miles (plus about two miles extra for road allowances) north of the US Border and 117 miles (plus about 1.5 miles for road allowances) west of the Alberta-Saskatchewan Boundary.  This puts it on the southeast edge of Drumheller and just west of the junction of the Rosebud and Red Deer Rivers.

        A good reference map that covers the entire Province and shows land descriptions down to the Section level, is the Provincial Base Map, 1:1,000,000 Scale, published by Alberta Forestry, Lands and Wildlife, available for about $15 from Maptown.

        Gordon Williams