Support for Ukrainian, French & Metis SIGS

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2004
      the list Address

      Hi all interested in the above SIGS,

      Since my idea on the NBI v.2 worked so well, I thought I should also inform
      you that I did not book a table for the above SIGS at this year's Family
      Roots conference. The reason is that now the SIGS have to pay for these
      tables. I always ran one table for these three SIGS but this year declined
      due to having to pay out of my own pocket.

      I should have taken it to you the constituency to verify that this is what
      you want. I do not know if it is too late or not but if any of you are
      interested in seeing a combined SIG table for these three SIGS, again
      perhaps we could take a collection for the $50. If so, I would also like to
      set up a schedule of volunteers so that there is someone at the table to
      answer questions and take contact information for those who want to join.
      Trying to run my two sales booths, especially this year with trying to demo
      a new product line, and giving at least one talk (this year on East and Mid
      European Roots), as well as answering questions at the SIG table is too much
      and I'm afraid it is the SIG table that suffers the most. I would still be
      available at my booth to answer questions the volunteers at the SIG booth
      cannot or you may hand out my card to those who wish to know more before
      signing up.

      Since this booth is half the cost of the CD, perhaps offers of $5 for each
      person interested in ensuring there is a SIG booth for the above three would
      generate the $50 required.

      If not, then at least it is not my autocratic decision not to have the
      booth.

      à bientôt,

      http://www.knowmap.com/age/
      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564
      Call to find out the next free sessions of "Scrapbooking Made Easy"

    • Doug Hay
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 19, 2004
        the list Address

        Xenia Stanford wrote:

        > Hi all interested in the above SIGS,
        >
        > Since my idea on the NBI v.2 worked so well, I thought I should also inform
        > you that I did not book a table for the above SIGS at this year's Family
        > Roots conference. The reason is that now the SIGS have to pay for these
        > tables. I always ran one table for these three SIGS but this year declined
        > due to having to pay out of my own pocket.
        I do not know if it is too late or not but if any of you are
        > interested in seeing a combined SIG table for these three SIGS, again
        > perhaps we could take a collection for the $50.

        No, there is still at least one table available.

        Doug Hay