RE: Family Tree Maker

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 14, 2004
      the list Address

      Thanks Elisabeth.

      I use all report, etc. features under Views, Contents, Format and other pull
      down menus to customize reports, on a regular basis. I looked under Help in
      version 8 but I did not see the Family Status so I must not have checked
      under version 9 or else I am blind!

      I have ordered both FTM 2005 and the latest version of Legacy Family Tree. I
      will be interested to see if FTM 2005 will allow me to have more than 38,631
      kb - which is 20,000 plus individuals using nearly all fields except
      scrapbook. I removed the scrapbook items to try to expand the number of
      people but I have extensive notes, sources and other fields I created,
      especially in my French lines where I enter "dit" names, French spellings,
      baptism dates/places, marriage contracts and marriage dispensations where
      known. As well there are very few in my French file that do not have
      multiple marriages. Only those women who married and died in childbirth seem
      to be the only ones who did not have multiple marriages. Since the widows
      often married widowers and in-laws sometimes married other non-blood related
      in-laws, the file is one complicated web!

      Splitting files and/or losing data is a pain in FTM. I'm hoping 2005 will
      overcome that. Rather than more features, I would prefer to have them build
      in more capacity.

      à bientôt,

      http://www.knowmap.com/age/
      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564
      Call to find out the next free sessions of "Scrapbooking Made Easy"

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 14, 2004
        the list Address

        Xenia,
        Longer reply sent directly. If anyone else is interested in the issues of
        FTM to Legacy transfers, please contact me directly. Legacy 5 Deluxe is
        missing several tools that I need for a Nova Scotia file with more than
        three dozen intermarriages and less than 6000 names. -- Elizabeth