Microsoft XP2

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2004
      the list Address

      There are a flurry of advice notes going out in various forms about the
      release of Windows XP Service Pack 2. I have a prior release version on my
      computer and have had no problems yet.

      As the email below recommends I would wait until at least September before
      installing it on your computer unless you feel confident in your computer
      rebuild skills.

      Historically Microsoft has never produced an upgrade that didn't require
      multiple patches. If you are brave (read as stupid) like me then go ahead
      but for the more cautious folks I would wait awhile. I personally think the
      author of the note below is a little optimistic in believing that patches
      will be out by September to fix problems.

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Chairman
      Alberta Family Histories Society