RE: Emblems found at Queen's Park - AW BA

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 6, 2004
      the list Address

      a maple leaf in the middle with initials AW on the left side of the maple
      leaf and BA on the right side of the maple leaf." I believe it is a military
      insignia and I will email my friend who is a military historian to see if he
      can shed light on it.

      Stampin' Up Demonstrator: 1001886
      http://www.stampinup.com
      Call or Email for the next free sessions of "Scrapbooking 101"
      August 12 & 15 we will be making gift coaster sets - call for futher
      information.
      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 7, 2004
        the list Address

        The maple leaf with AW on the left side and BA on the right side is an
        emblem on the marker for Joan Fletcher, 1921 - 1994. Her husband, Russell
        Fletcher, is mentioned on the same marker with the dates of 1923 and blank
        which indicate he has not yet passed away. The military General Service
        emblem is under his name. The inscription included "Married Nov. 17 1945 in
        London, England".

        It has been suggested that the above emblem (AW BA) may be Alberta War
        Brides Association.

        Lynda